What is it about the other side of the fence? At some point we all have a tendency to admire and desire something we see on the other side of the fence. After all, the grass is always greener on the other side, right?
The other side might take the form of material objects, our job, living in a new location, or a relationship.
Consider a few ideas about the “greener” side.
1) If something appears to good to be true, it generally is.
2) Most often, the other side is not always what it first appears.
3) An inappropriate desire for the other side leads to sin.
4) Focusing on the other side distracts us from the present work.
5) Remember, someone else is looking with desire to our side of the fence.
Leadership has a responsibility to stay focused on the goal ahead. We must also help followers avoid being distracted by what appears to be greener grass on the other side of the fence.