What is our center? I never thought about it this way until watching a movie recently. Finding our center is about discovering who we are at the core that affects every area of life.
When our center as a leader is spiritually motivated, our life becomes about demonstrating the qualities of godliness toward others, rather than simply developing ourselves.
However, determining our center is not as easy as it may sound. Such an undertaking may involve years of searching. Learning to be honest about what we are seeking in life will help us on this journey. Here are a few questions to consider.
1) Do we feel inconvenienced by others?
2) Are we motivated by self preservation more than someone’s eternal destination?
3) Are times in prayer and study, as well as worship, more difficult to work into our schedule, and do we see them as having little or no benefit?
4) Where do we find the most pleasure?
5) Are our words and actions driven by a core that is self-centered or others-directed?
Answering a few questions helps develop a genuine understanding that will help us find our center.