Last week we talked about tomorrow. I felt it was only fitting to follow up with yesterday.
I am aware we cannot live in the past, nor can we return to the past to change it in some way. If we all had a chance to live yesterday over I am sure there are some areas we would change.
Thinking about the events of yesterday provides a benefit to our leadership in several ways.
1) We can learn from the successes and failures of yesterday.
2) We can plan a better future based on the history of yesterday.
3) We can establish measures to prevent duplicating the mistakes of yesterday.
4) We can lead others on a straighter course based on yesterday.
5) We can find joy in the pleasures of a life well lived yesterday.
Feel free to add to the list of ways yesterday provides benefit to our leadership. I know we are all striving to survive the present with an anticipation of the future. However, we also need to stop on occasion and benefit from the past.