Will the idea of a leadership crisis characterize our generation? At every level and venue, leaders are in high demand. From the political to the spiritual arena, we need leaders.
In time of crisis what should we do? There are several possibilities.
1) Do nothing.
2) Deny there is a crisis and continue on the same course as though no crisis exists.
3) Ignore the crisis hoping it will take care of itself.
4) Procrastinate the need to address the crisis and allow the wrong leadership to take control.
5) Address the crisis with a plan of action to change the direction of the future.
The obvious solution is to address the crisis with a plan of action. Developing a plan of action will require us to account for the following:
1) Acknowledge the problem(s).
2) Examine the severity of the situation.
3) Remove the element(s) poisoning the organization.
4) Develop a support system for current leadership.
5) Begin an immediate course of preparing leaders for the future.
We can change the future, but we must act and we need to act now!