What is our center? A few years ago, a Christmas movie presented this question. Finding our center is about discovering who we are at the core of our life.
When our center as a leader is spiritually motivated, life becomes about demonstrating toward others the qualities of godliness, rather than simply developing ourselves.
However, determining our center is not as easy as it may sound. Such an undertaking may involve years of searching. Learning to be honest about what we seek in life will help us on this journey. Here are a few questions to consider.
1) Do we feel inconvenienced by others?
2) Are we motivated by self preservation more than an eternal destination?
3) Are times in prayer, study, and worship more difficult to work into our schedule? Do we see them as having little or no benefit?
4) Where do we find the most pleasure?
5) Are our words and actions driven by a core that is self-centered or others-directed?
Answering a few questions provides us with a genuine understanding that will help us find our center.