How do leaders motivate those who are unmotivated?
We begin by asking a few simple questions.
1) Do the unmotivated know they are supposed to act?
2) Do they know how to perform these actions as expected?
3) When was the last time they were reminded?
4) Are the reasons clear why these actions are important, necessary, and valuable?
5) Are the guidelines clear of the consequences for not acting?
People are motivated in different ways.
We need a strategy that involves teaching others how to get from point A to point B. This is the first step in motivating the unmotivated.