“Earn your leadership every day.” Michael Jordan
The thought expressed here is extremely important, yet leaves us with an important question to answer: how? How can we earn our leadership every day? While it is not an exhaustive list, here are a few ideas to consider.
1) Ensure your life is consistent with your leadership.
2) Take responsibility for every word, decision and action.
3) Lead in the fullness of core values.
4) Align priorities with goals.
5) Know what is worth dying for, and then live for it.
6) Help others reach their potential…always!
7) Learn to be an active listener.
8) Show others there is more to life than just “being right.”
9) Demonstrate the value of respect for yourself and others.
10) Understand the difference between image and reputation.
If we can begin applying a few suggestions, then our leadership will have immeasurable benefits to others.