From all of us at SALT, we are thankful for you and your support.
From the Turner family
and the Sunset Academy of Leadership Training
May God abundantly supply your every need and provide you
every spiritual blessing in Christ Jesus.
One of the great thoughts of scripture, and certainly needed in leadership, is the confidence of God answering prayers.
David writes, “On the day I called, you answered me; You made me bold with strength in my soul.”
How can we have the confidence today?
1) In keeping with God’s will (James 4:15; 1 John 5:14).
2) In faith (Matthew 21:22; James 1:5-8).
3) With persistence (Luke 18:1-8; 1 Thessalonians 5:17).
4) Without anxiety and with thanksgiving (Philippians 4:6)
5) By devotion (Colossians 4:2).
The list continues throughout the Bible and, of all people, leaders must demonstrate they are people of prayer.
Two of the most unused, yet needed and powerful words, are “thank you,” but why should leaders be thankful.
Leaders should express gratitude because…
1) God placed them in this position to glorify Him.
2) The opportunity to influence others for Jesus is the greatest work on earth.
3) Hope is the message provided through godly leaders.
4) Others trust leaders to show them the way.
5) Leadership makes a difference on an eternal scale.
Leaders must recognize why they should be thankful as much as the action of showing gratitude.
Our God is great who has given us leaders!
Families and friends will soon gather to enjoy Thanksgiving.
We would all agree with the need to express our gratitude daily.
The God-given responsibility of leading can be a heavy burden, but the rewards are rich in eternal blessings.
A few are listed below.
An incredible God who created us, loved us, and was willing to die for us.
A wonderful opportunity to work with the greatest people on earth.
The generosity of trust from faithful brethren who make our work possible.
Abundant physical and spiritual blessings.
A perfect Word that provides direction, strength, hope, and promise.
May leaders always express gratitude.